This qualification is aimed to give the individuals the skills and knowledge required to programme, supervise and induct a safe and effective programme for disabled clients.
Learners will cover:
- the principles of exercise for disabled people
- programming and supervising exercise for disabled people
- know the scope of the responsibility of the instructor in the context of disability
- understand the legal and ethical issues surrounding disability
- know the implications of conditions and impairments when working with disabled clients
- how to instruct and evaluate an exercise session with a disabled client