In response to the feedback provided in CYQ’s annual Centre Satisfaction Survey and to meet centre needs in relation to cost effective and accessible training, CYQ is pleased to announce the launch of eTraining for the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym) qualification.
The aim of this eTraining is to ensure best practice in the delivery and assessment of CYQ’s Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym) qualification and it promotes standardisation by providing a comprehensive overview of the following areas:
- Qualification structure
- Mandatory units and optional pairings
- ‘Planning’ and ‘instructing’ Gym units
- ‘On course’ and ‘summative’ assessment
- Identification of teaching and learning resources
- Clarification of tutor, assessor and internal quality assurer roles
Following the launch of this first eTraining product, CYQ is developing additional eTraining for the qualifications listed below and ‘go live’ dates will be published in eNews when available:
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (ETM)
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Health Related Exercise for Children)
- Level 1 Award in Fitness and Physical Activity
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
CYQ’s eTraining goes live on the 2nd July 2012. It is free of charge to approved centre staff, accessible at any time and a CPD certificate can be requested (for a nominal fee) if required.
To register for CYQ’s L2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym) eTraining, book online via the following link.