Level 3 A1: Assess Candidates Using a Range of Methods
This qualification is designed for experienced exercise and fitness instructors/tutors who wish to become qualified assessors.
You will learn how to:
- Identify the relevant organisations involved in qualification development
- Understand the use and importance of National Occupational Standards (NOS)
- Apply the principle and processes of assessment
- Describe the structure of an NVQ and VRQ
- Assess learners against agreed standards of competence
- Construct an A1 portfolio of evidence
- Contribute to the internal quality assurance process
Assessors must be qualified and technically competent in the specific discipline they wish to assess.
This includes registration, certification, learning resources and assessment support.